Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Power house Museum, Eat Green Design

I went to visit Power house museum last saturday to visit the Eat Green design exhibit on sustainable design and material to also listen to one of our own succesful designer Oliver Smith and his take on sustainable design, manufacturing and materials especially metal.


While in the Power house museum I looked at the eco wares design there are a number of designs that caught my attention.


Lapel chair , made out of 100% recycled plastic and made from a non toxic material. A very interesting design with the combination of origami fold style and everyday home plastic chair.




Mushroom floor lamp by Simon Duff.
I lovvve this floor lamp, I want one in my room right now!! It has a very unique and natural design that reflects nature and its beauty, sourced from local materials of plaster composite.

O+ side table by Wambamboo
A very unique design of a side table with a design of an 0 and + kinda reminded me of Math class. Made entirely from bamboo (renewable resouce)




What also caught my attention in the exhibit is the ceiling of the museum, there hung a wonderful lights made from a laser cut spiral of plywood or cardboard, really gives the effect of the roof coming down.




Another design that I found very interesting is the folded chair made by carboard and foam, a very sustainable product.
Overall a good day and very educational and inspirational visit.




No comments: