Sunday, October 4, 2009

Origami chopstik

For our urban tribe assigment the culture that I've chosen is the Imperial Japanese culture lol. What I want to focus on in Japanese dining rituals is the General dining rituals and ettiquette, for eg like handling the bowl with two hands, using chopstick rest.


I personally eat alot of Japanese food, and in all the restaurants that i visit one important element is missing their Chopstick manners and Chopstick rest. With the use of spoon and fork the chopstick tradition and ettiquette and its importance is fading.


I was Researching some history and reasons for chopstick Rest when I came across this; A methodology of turning the chopstick wrapper into an origami chopstick rest, I will look further into them and try and incoorporate this methodology into my next assignment.


No comments: